WHO IS DOBOTEX
DOBOTEX is a product licensing company. We partner with global A-brands (PUMA, Tommy Hilfiger, Levi’s and HEAD) to design, produce and sell their socks and underwear collections. With a focus on consistent availability we optimize turnover by offering the best balance between quality products and excellent pricing. Our mission is to be the fastest moving in branded products. Moving with speed requires high productivity, expertise and confidence. This is how we make the difference.
DOBOTEX head office is located in ‘s-Hertogenbosch (the Netherlands) and our distribution centers are located in the Netherlands and Mexico City. We have several sales offices in Europe, Asia and South America. Currently we employ approximately 475 people.
The culture of the organization can be described as informal and direct. We expect self-belief, drive, openness and an entrepreneurial spirit from our colleagues. Everyone has their own responsibility and is given a lot of freedom. Furthermore, a hands-on mentality is essential. Decisions can be made within short periods of time because of the short reporting lines within DOBOTEX. Our employees are highly committed to our products and organization. This is one of the main reasons for our success.
MEET YOUR NEW JOB
Inbound Logistics is responsible for arranging the transportation of DOBOTEX goods from our suppliers until delivery to one of our Distribution Centers, assuring the best service is provided at lowest possible cost. The team is connecting suppliers, forwarders and warehouses to assure an efficient and effective Inbound Logistics network for our Make to Stock items. It is also connecting Buying till Customer Service for the Make to Order business.
Your responsibility scope includes overseeing the daily inbound shipments to our warehouses as well as intercompany transfers and direct shipments to our customers worldwide. Your focus will be on managing partnership relations with our forwarders to drive further optimization of our global network.
You will have a significant impact, on our business, by working collaboratively with these transportation partners to keep our inbound logistics costs under control, while maintaining best in class service. This includes monitoring the inbound goods flow to optimize the inbound flow reaching our warehouses and advise on goods intake prioritization.
You will maximize the effectiveness and productivity of your team by coaching and supporting team members and by setting up and improving efficient processes.
- Manage performance and partnership with forwarders, and act as the primary escalation point for any issue;
- Develop carrier partnerships through regular business review meetings;
- Connect with our warehouses on operations alignment and agreement;
- Develop, plan and implement improved internal procedures related to the Inbound Logistics role and assure correct interpretation of agreed ways of working;
- Continuously challenge logistics processes, looking for overall improvements;
- On request supplying freight quotations (sea and air shipments) to sales and buying departments;
- Monitor the transportation market conditions, technology, and market challenges to drive value;
- Report KPI’s, both internal and external, in an accurate and timely manner and reports operational performance to management periodically and ad-hoc.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
- A bachelor’s degree in transportation, logistics, supply chain, or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant experience in Logistics or Supply Chain environment;
- Proven track record in people management in an operational environment;
- Strong knowledge of the transportation industry and relevant legal compliance (including import/export knowledge);
- Hands-on with ability to oversee and map processes;
- Customer focused and enjoying working with a collaborative approach among multi-disciplined teams;
- Strong communication skills towards internal and external stakeholders;
- Problem solver, self-motivated, proactive and down-to-earth;
- Sound knowledge/understanding of IT systems (ERP and Supply Chain systems) gained through education and/or experience;
- Fluent in English, any other spoken languages are a plus;
WHY JOIN DOBOTEX?
DOBOTEX will give you the opportunity to work in a successful company and have a unique insight into four global A brands combined with the expertise to create commercial successful products that drive substantial volume. We are big enough to be a serious worldwide player in the market, but small enough to make the difference as an individual. If you’re interested in this position and meet the requirements, send in your CV and a motivation letter to email@example.com.
*Your personal details are only accessible to those directly involved during the application process. We have drawn a privacy statement specifically for applicants. When you apply for this job, you agree with our privacy statement and your personal data will be deleted after a certain period. The personal data is removed from our systems, unless we have made other agreements about this.
Back to overview