WHO IS DOBOTEX
DOBOTEX is a product licensing company. We partner with global A-brands (PUMA, Tommy Hilfiger, Levi’s and HEAD) to design, produce and sell their socks and underwear collections. With a focus on consistent availability we optimize turnover by offering the best balance between quality products and excellent pricing. Our mission is to be the fastest moving in branded products. Moving with speed requires high productivity, expertise and confidence. This is how we make the difference.
DOBOTEX head office is located in ‘s-Hertogenbosch (the Netherlands) and our distribution centers are located in the Netherlands and Mexico City. We have several sales offices in Europe, Asia and South America. Currently we employ approximately 470 people.
The culture of the organization can be described as informal and direct. We expect self-belief, drive, openness and an entrepreneurial spirit from our colleagues. Everyone has their own responsibility and is given a lot of freedom. Furthermore, a hands-on mentality is essential. Decisions can be made within short periods of time because of the short reporting lines within DOBOTEX. Our employees are highly committed to our products and organization and this is one of the main reasons for our success
MEET YOUR NEW JOB
We are looking for a Junior Product Developer in our Legwear development team. Within this function you are, together with the legwear development team, responsible for supporting development of new collections from design to final sales men samples. You support the proto sampling and ensure the collections are production ready on the set deadlines in regards of quality, price and sampling.
- You support the process of new products. Development of new products have to be 100% correct and complete in their functional development steps, quality, target price that meets market and DOBOTEX standards and expectations;
- From the very first design meeting you are involved in the process, where you are expected to be the sounding board in regards of price-, technical and color boundaries and revert with solutions to overcome those;
- You are responsible for supporting in all developments within the seasonal collections (Fashion/MFO/Promo) as well the NOS collections;
- You monitor the production process of the products during its product life cycle, of all products and suppliers that can be anywhere in the world. Main objective to have the right balance between price and quality and never lose sight of DOBOTEX standards. You are challenged by going into the small details in order to have better prices without compromising the quality;
- You are the main contact of the supplier and ensure a good coordination within DOBOTEX. For this you will have intensive contact with your colleagues of Design and Product Management;
- You facilitate/support the handover of the collection also to our QC’s together with sealed samples;
- You will fully support the Development Legwear team with all kind of other supporting activities.
WHAT IS REQUIRED?
- Education: BSc or equivalent qualification (HBO/ University);
- Min. 3 yrs. work experience in the development of men’s & women’s apparel, experience in developing foundation legwear preferred;
- Organized, ability to prioritize, and can work well under time constraints and deadlines;
- Solid textile experience is required and experience in knitted fabrics is an advantage;
- Results orientated, flexible and with strong communication skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Team players and willing to take up tasks whenever necessary;
- Self-motivated and be able to work independently;
- Eye for detail.
WHY JOIN DOBOTEX?
DOBOTEX will give you the opportunity to work in a successful company and have a unique insight into four global A brands combined with the expertise to create commercial successful products that drive substantial volume. We are big enough to be a serious worldwide player in the market, but small enough to make the difference as an individual. If you’re interested in this position and meet the requirements, send in your CV and a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Your personal details are only accessible to those directly involved during the application process. We have drawn a privacy statement specifically for applicants. When you apply for this job, you agree with our privacy statement and your personal data will be deleted after a certain period. The personal data is removed from our systems, unless we have made other agreements about this.Back to overview